Why I'm with 1and1?

I know 1and1 US isn't as great as 1and1 DE (1und1 Germany). In fact, many have labeled 1and1 as the worst web hosting provider. Their technical support sucks big time, another example of how bad is outsouring. Their billing team is lazy, they normally reply to emails after 1 day. So I knew it, 1and1 isn't the your direct choice for web hosting if you're looking for a great support.

But why I am with 1and1? Uhm, I'm not. But my clients are with 1and1. I'm only doing the server administration for them. I recommend 1and1 the following reasons:
  • 1and1 has a very good route all over the world.
  • Their Data Center is in Kansas, that's pretty close to most audience of the various sites of my clients.
  • 1and1 is cheap! Yes, you get what you pay for!

I always inform my clients too that 1and1:
  • Has a poor technical support. But don't worry, you're paying me as your server admin. So I'll handle those stuff.
  • Their service is not designed for mission critical business applications. Talk about enterprise applications that runs on Jboss, Websphere and Weblogic.
  • Load balancing? Not 1and1.
  • Is not a True cloud computing provider that's highly automated and flexible.

So why I recommend 1and1 to my clients? Because I am very familiar with 1and1. I have use it for my personal needs for 2-3 years and it was great. The bandwidth was awesome, I was bursting up to 100mbps for a couple of days.

However I don't recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment