Wanna burst up to 300mbps? Try 1and1

I've said this before, 1and1's network is superb! I'm not sure what's the pool of bandwidth that they got, but what I got is more than enough. They have peerings with providers like Lycos, Yahoo!, Trustnet and many more. Their network exceeds my expectation.

For the past 4-5 days, one Linux box that I'm handling has been very busy. I'm also keeping an eye on it, I'm afraid that it may break anytime or maybe some services will just stop as it has been very busy lately. The Linux server works as HTTP server, the DB server is also on a Linux platform but it's not fully unitilized. Let's call this HTTP server as 'redmate' - that's actually the hostname assigned (redmate.internal) to the server. =)

redmate has been fully utilized for the past few days.
  • Memory usage is hitting up to 90%
  • Load average is around 20. It's a dual quad-core box.
  • Some spikes on Disk I/O have been noticed too.

But what surprises me is the bandwidth usage. It's hitting up to 300 megabit, I thought it can only burst up to 100 mbps? Well not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment